Many of us belong to a variety of associations and serve on boards and committees. In our experiences with associations we know that “members” is the equation that makes the association successful. The association gains credibility and clout through growth and larger numbers. It is a domino effect that causes other agencies or individuals to give credence to ideas and actions of that association.
It is because of committed members that much is accomplished. The Ohio Association of Security and Investigation Services (OASIS) would like to say thank you to all of our devoted members. We at OASIS have been very busy and are making many positive changes that will impact our members. Some of those changes include:
- The development of a new e-mail listserv that will be available to OASIS members for networking and the sharing of information.
- Our website is changing and will offer many advantages to OASIS members in a members-only section.
- OASIS recently completed a large project, which involved acquiring current company and e-mail information from Ohio license holders, as many of you may remember. The information has been compiled and a listserv with approximately 800 license holders is now in place. OASIS will be able to disseminate important information, including legislative issues, that is of concern to our industry.
- OASIS is currently working on developing a PI Surveillance training program that may be instructed in various parts of the state, in the near future. The program could possibly be enhanced with on-line training at a reasonable cost.. If a training program is something that you’re interested in, we need your feedback. If you have other training needs please advise what training you would like your employees to receive.
- OASIS is very concerned about the privacy issues that are frequently hot topics among advocates and our legislators. We are currently working to resolve issues concerning our legitimate use of the SSN as an identifier, as well as DOB’s; and, our continued ability to obtain public records. Often times the release of information by the Court, law enforcement agencies, and other governmental agencies is inconsistent from county to county. We hope to make that public information more uniformly accessible.
- OASIS has a BWC discount program for our members
- OASIS has worked closely with the Ohio Private Investigation & Security Services Commission (OPISSC) for the betterment of our industry.
All private investigation and security services agency license holders and vendors are welcome to apply with OASIS for membership.
REGULAR MEMBER: means any individual who has been accepted as a member with full privileges including the right to vote, hold elective office, serve on committees and attend all regular and special General Membership Meetings.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: means any individual who has been accepted as a member with limited privileges which exclude the right to vote or hold elective office, but do include the right to serve on committees and attend all regular and special General Membership Meetings.
VENDOR MEMBER: means any individual who has been accepted as a member with limited privileges, which excludes the right to vote and hold elective office, but does include the right to serve on committees and attend all regular and special General Membership Meetings.
If you have questions or would like more information contact Mike Staley at firstname.lastname@example.org.